Choose a location that speaks to you both as a couple. This can be a place you frequent too, your home, a day out on the boat, or a place that has beautiful landscapes that fit your style. Lets get creative. I am here to help along the way.
If you both have a mutual passion that can be included, bring that along. Other items to include can be pets, cars, boats etc…
Hair and Makeup:
This is the perfect opportunity to schedule a trial session for hair and makeup. Having this done professionally is the perfect way to treat yourself and feel extra confident in front of the camera.
I know that choosing your outfits is one of the most fun and yet hardest decisions of the session. I encourage all of my clients to have 2 coordinated outfits for your session. ie: “a casual look, date night dressy, timeless formal, classic, boho formal”
Here are some tips on how to choose:
– Neutrals such as blush, tans, light pinks, faint blues and teals, creams, grays and whites will always result in more of a light and airy look to your images. These colors photograph softer and more romantically! I recommend two outfits so sometimes people will do one neutral one pop of color!
– If you opt for colors, think of the surroundings of the location you choose. If there will be a lot of greenery, opt for something that will pop, and look good with the season (ie: a burgundy/mustard or deeper color for fall) (ie”: or a pop of blush pink at the beach during summer).
– If you’re really looking for a soft, feminine look, I recommend a flowing, maxi-length dress, skirt or pant. The movement of this type of fabric photographs beautifully!
– The goal is COORDINATING outfits instead of MATCHING! Scroll down for help with coordinating outfits *styling tool
– Also avoid alot of patterns at once and big logos on clothing.
– Ladies! I recommend that you wear something that flatters the parts of you that you love the most and also allows you to be extremely confident! If you are uncomfortable when you look in the mirror (having to suck in and only like the way you look from one angle), then that probably isn’t the best outfit choice for you. I want you to be really confident in your outfit so you can rock out your session!
OUTFIT STYLING TOOL:
I want to make the photo experience as stress-free as possible for all of you, which is why my couples have access to this amazing and personalized styling service. Simply go to the questionnaire and use JBPCOUPLE access code (email@example.com email) to begin styling your session. Fill out the simple Style Questionnaire about you, color scheme you are wanting and the vibe of clothes you would like to see. The quick results page will show you photo-approved clothing pieces. Feel free to play around with it until you have selected the perfect outfit combo! Click the email button to send yourself the selected items or shop for the clothes right away by clicking the shopping cart buttons. Or just use this as an inspiration board!
1. CLEAN YOUR RING! : I will be photographing your gorgeous diamond! This means that this would be a perfect opportunity to have your ring cleaned so that it’s clear of dirt and other build up that may be visible through a macro lens!
2. THE TIMELINE : I’m a natural-light photographer, so the sun dictates how long I can photograph you. An average shoot lasts 1.5 hours… Because we are racing the sun and cannot shoot after it has set, I recommend leaving 15-30 minutes earlier than you originally planned just to be safe!
3. HAVE A PREVIEW PARTY : In the past I have found that it is incredibly helpful for my couples to sit down and have a little preview party before their engagement session. Take ten minutes and sit down together to scroll through 2-3 of your favorite engagement sessions on my blog. This will allow you to be prepared for the experience!
4.WEATHER! We live in South Florida and we know how unpredictable those afternoon showers can be. If there is a high chance of rain on the days before I will contact you to reassure our plan.
5. PETS! planning to bring your family member? First, lets make sure we picked a location that is pet friendly! Second, depending on your pet, you may want to set up a third party (either family member or company) to come and help with your pup during the times we aren’t photographing them. Some pets will just hang out but others may get anxious when we walk away a little bit or aren’t included them. You will want to be as stress free as possible. There are companies you can hire to help, if you want any suggestions ask me!
6. COVID-19: A few things have changed for my upcoming shoots that you should know about. I love being hands on (fixing my clients hair, or dress, helping them clip that dress when they change outfits, but for now, I will be taking a hands off approach, only directing the client if needed for fashion tips or hair flaws! I typically am not an up close photographer, I tend to shoot from a distance, that is my style so not much is changing there. I do ask if anyone in your party or close family, including you, has been sick or around anyone that has been sick, that we postpone the session for a couple weeks. There is no penalty for that and you will be first priority. This goes for me too 🙂 All sessions will be conducted outdoors for now. I will not be wearing a mask unless the location we are at requires it, as its very hard to direct my clients during the session with other noises surrounding us, if you do not feel comfortable with this, no worries, lets chat options!
A sneak peek will be shared within 1-2 days of the session. You will receive your full gallery in 2-3 weeks.
Feel free to use these images for your social media, wedding website, save the dates, guest books and more….